Vege Loaded Meatballs
Increase your vegetable intake with this recipe which adds finely chopped vegetables into the meatball mix. A brilliant way to get your children to eat more vege! Drop them into a delicious tomato-based sauce and serve with pasta. Make them bite-sized and serve them as appetizers with a tasty dip.
1-pound ground meat (beef, turkey, or pork)
½ cup milk
2 tbsp oil
2 cups vegetables (use whatever you have in your fridge, cauliflower, carrots, mushrooms, etc)
4 tbsp leafy herbs, including stems (parsley, cilantro, oregano)
2 cups leftover bread
Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line a baking sheet with baking paper and lightly grease it using the oil.
- Put the bread into a bowl with the milk, and let soak for 10 minutes.
- Chop the cauliflower and other vege you've chosen, including stems, into small pieces. Set aside.
- Chop the herbs finely.
- Add the chopped vegetables and herbs to the bowl with the bread and milk and mix well to combine.
- Form balls with the mixture and place onto the greased lined baking sheet.
- Place the pan into a preheated 300 degree Fahrenheit oven and bake for 40 minutes or until cooked all the way through.
- Serve them as they are with your chosen sides.