Pecan, Orange & Maple Bread Pudding
Made with leftover bread and simple pantry items, bread pudding has to be one of the most delicious, no-fuss dessert ever!
4-5 cups leftover bread
4 tbsp oil
2 tbsp vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups milk
2 cups sugar
1/3 cup chopped nuts (pecans, walnuts or a mix)
2 tbsp orange zest
2-3 tbsp maple syrup
- Cut the bread into bite sized pieces. Line a baking dish with the bread cubes.
- Whisk the eggs together with the sugar, vanilla, orange zest and milk. Pour over the dish and sprinkle the pecans over the top.
- Place into a preheated 325 degree oven and bake for 55-75 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and drizzle with maple syrup evenly.
- Let cool and then cut into square pieces.