Beef & Cheese Tacos
Who doesn't love a zingy tasting taco to wake up the senses? This recipe can be made using leftover burger patties and adapted according with your favourite toppings.
12-16 oz. ground meat (leftover burgers, or use ground beef or pork or a mix of both, etc)
¼ cup water
2 tbsp taco seasoning
4 tbsp chopped cilantro/coriander (including stems)
8 x 6 inch flour tortillas
4 tbsp shredded cheddar cheese
Chopped red chillies to taste
Finely sliced red onion to taste
4 tbsp salsa
- If using leftover cooked burgers: Crumble the burger patties into bite-sized pieces
- Heat a saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the burger pieces or ground fresh meat and the taco seasoning. Mix to incorporate.
- Add the water and stir. Allow the water to evaporate and the meat to heat all the way through.
- In a separate pan or skillet over low heat, heat the tortillas until pliable and warm.
- Working in batches, heat all of the tortillas and place 2 on each serving plate.
- Divide the meat evenly among the tortillas.
- Sprinkle generously with the toppings, or allow your guests to add their own. Serve and enjoy!