Banana Fosters Bread & Butter Pudding
6 Brioche Buns
2oz Unsalted Butter, melted
5 Egg Yolks
1/4 Vanilla Extract
300ml Heavy Cream
8oz Brown Sugar
8oz Unsalted Butter
1/2 cup Dark Rum
1/4 tsp Vanilla Extract
1/4 Pecans, chopped
Pinch of Salt
4oz Whipped Cream
8 sprigs Mint
- 1 hour
1. Heat the Milk and the Cream up to the boil. Whisk the eggs, yolks, sugar, Vanilla together and temper the hot cream mix into the egg mix whisking continuously. Strain.
2. Melt the butter. slice the tops and bottoms of the Brioche buns in half horizontally. Brush each slice with butter both sides. Save a little butter to butter the sides of a 1/3rd pan.
3. Dip each piece of bread into the egg mix and layer into a buttered 1/3rd. Each layer sprinkle in the chocolate chips. Pour over the rest of the egg mix and bake for 25-30 minutes on 350f or until the center is 170f.
4. Whilst the pudding Is cooking, melt the butter in the pan. Add the brown sugar and melt to it resembles caramel. Add the rum and vanilla and reduce by half.
5. Slice the bananas into 3/4 inch pieces and add to the caramel mix and cook till they start to soften.
6. To Serve, scoop the pudding into the center of the plate and then spoon over the banana caramel mix, Quennelle 1/2 oz of whipped cream on top and garnish with Mint. Serve!
ABOUT THE CHEF:
Chef Tom has been with Compass for 22 years. After Graduating Westminster College in London Tom started with Roux Fine Dining at BAFTA. After working in multiple Roux kitchens over London, Tom moved to NY opening Executive dining rooms for several banking clients.
Chef Tom became operating as the District Chef for a banking contract and oversaw all special events for 3 years before moving on to Café 2400 compass group Headquarters to lead the culinary team and help make our Marketplace a center for excellence.