1. What’s your take on all the attention food waste is getting lately?
I think it is great, anything that can be done to cut back on the amount of food that is going is the garbage is a positive.
2. What are your best tips to make it easy to reduce food waste in the professional kitchen?
Cutting back on over ordering and over portioningis always the best way to cut waste. We keep track of what we have sold in the past to use as a guide for future orders.
3. How about in the home kitchen?
Don't buy too much at one time. it is better to go to the grocery store several times a week than throw out food that has gone bad.
4. What is one small change every person can make in their daily lives to make a big difference?
Be aware of the portions you are making. Often when you are hungry you cook more than you are really going to eat.
5. What is your favorite way to repurpose leftovers?
We try to plan ahead for our leftovers. For instance we have pork one night and then fried rice the next, Or roast beef and then French dip sandwiches. This also helps because a part of your second meal is already cooked and ready to go.