5 Questions with Fabio Viviani
1. What’s your take on all the attention food waste is getting lately?
Americans waste almost as much food as they consume so it really starts with us as chefs, and anyone passionate about food, to educate the masses so more food can be preserved and saved from being wasted. With millions of people not being able to feed themselves, throwing food
2. What are your best tips to make it easy to reduce food waste in the professional kitchen?
Use the whole animal, use vegetable scraps for stocks and sauces, and do compost.
3. How about in the home kitchen?
Same advice as above. Plus, don't shop if you don't need it, and increase your trips to the grocery store.
4. What is one small change every person can make in their daily lives to make a big difference?
Purchase less, batch cook and freeze.
5. What is your favorite way to repurpose leftovers?
Making great soups, love soups!